Donate Online to the NOBLE Washington Metropolitan Chapter
NOTE: You do NOT need a PayPal account to donate. JUST CLICK CONTINUE NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN.
Your donation to our organization is tax-deductible in accordance with IRS regulations.
What Your Dollars Will Do
- The Law and Your Community Workshops
NOBLE developed the Law and Your Community. This training for young people was designed to improve their communication with law enforcement officers. The Washington Metropolitan Chapter offers this training several times per year.
- Adopt-a-School in which chapters sponsor events to raise funds that provide supplies for financially disadvantaged schools. The Washington Metropolitan Chapter’s adopted school is Mary H. Plummer Elementary School in Southeast Washington, DC. The Chapter also works in partnership with the Washington Food Bank to provide weekend meals to some of the students.
- Take 25 is a program done in partnership with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) where Chapter members go in the community to distribute information and literature to take 25 minutes talking with children about safety and security. Parents are also encouraged to have this discussion with their children.
- Verizon Hopeline is a program that supports local shelters for victims of domestic violence. Chapter members collect used cell phones so they can be refurbished and provided to these victims. Verizon will also make a cash donation to local shelters.
- Washington Metropolitan Chapter members mentor students in various academic subjects
- The Washington Metropolitan Chapter co-sponsors clothing drives, holiday food distribution drives, and various events to bring resources into disadvantaged communities.
Our Chapter’s commitment to the community is steadfast. To that end we support those scholars in our community who are working towards a career in criminal justice. These scholarships are provided to students at four (4) local area universities, which are the University of the District of Columbia, American University, Bowie State University and Howard University.